Types of data we collect and how we obtain it
We obtain information about you when you disclose it to us in the course of using our services, such as:
- your name and email address when you register a user account
- your date of birth, identification information, and other details about you when we verify your identity and age
- any profile data you share with us, including profile pictures, gender, marital status, interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses, etc.
- information shared with us when you contact us for assistance or support
- your marketing and communications preferences, which includes your preferences about receiving emails from dismal-jellyfish.
We collect contact information when you communicate with us through certain channels of communication, such as:
- your email address when you communicate with us through email
How we use data
We only use your personal data where permitted by law.
Most commonly, we will use your personal data to perform a contract entered into with you, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
This includes the following general purposes:
- register you as a user, including creating your user account
- providing support or assistance to you and responding to your queries
- providing you with communications in accordance with your preferences
- responding to your messages by email, post, social media, or other channels of communication
- managing our relationship with you, such as notifying you about changes to our services, updates to the terms and conditions of any service
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless required or permitted by law.
Aggregated technical information
How we share data
Dismal-jellyfish.com may share your personal data from time to time as detailed below. We take reasonable measures to ensure that third parties with whom we collaborate protect your personal data.
Dismal-jellyfish.com does not sell your personal data.
Integration with third parties
Dismal-jellyfish.com integrates with third party platforms to provide you with a seamless range of features and services. Where you request integrations with third parties, we may share data with them as required to facilitate and give effect to the integration.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time. However please note that we collect personal data where we believe it is necessary to provide you with our services. Accordingly, if you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, we may not be able to provide such services to you.
Access and correction of your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You may request access to your personal data, and correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data, at any time.
Retention of personal data
Dismal-jellyfish.com retains your personal data (i) where necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it; (ii) where necessary for legal purposes; or (iii) where required or permitted by law.
Third party links
For educational and informational purposes only
The information contained in this Website and Newsletter and the resources available for download through the Website are for educational and informational purposes only. NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE. The information contained in this Newsletter and the resources available for download through this website is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as, financial advice. I am not an attorney, accountant, or financial advisor, nor am I holding myself out to be, and the information contained in this Newsletter and on the Website is not a substitute for financial advice from a professional who is aware of the facts and circumstances of your individual situation.