- Banking Trade Associations BIG mad at proposal by U.S. banking regulators to require lenders to hold more capital on their balance sheets, call on banking agencies to Re-Propose Basel Rule.
- New proposed 944 page rule "that would substantially revise the capital requirements applicable to large banking organizations and to banking organizations with significant trading activity."
- Comments due by 11/30/23.
- "Historical experience has demonstrated the impact individual banking organizations can have on the stability of the U.S. banking system, in particular banking organizations that would have been subject to the proposal."
Does this mean they want 'us' to sue for ALL the REDACTED items filed?!?!
- The Bank Policy Institute, the American Bankers Association, the Financial Services Forum, the Institute of International Bankers, the Securities Industry Association, the Financial Markets Association and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are BIG mad at proposal by U.S. banking regulators to require lenders to hold more capital on their balance sheets.
- "When proposing a rule, agencies must identify and make available all data and analysis the agencies used to develop the proposal so that the public has a meaningful opportunity to consider and respond to the agencies' rationale through the public comment process," "The agencies have not done so here."
What are they BIG mad about?
Federal Reserve, FDIC, Comptroller of Currency & OPEN for Comment Alert! New proposed 944 page rule "that would substantially revise the capital requirements applicable to large banking organizations and to banking organizations with significant trading activity." Comments due by 11/30/23.
No more just making it up? No wonder they are FURIOUS!!!
subjectively modeled assumptions, you don't say!
VaR keeps coming up....
How to Comment:
To the Fed:
You may submit comments, identified by Docket No. R-1813, RIN 7100-AG64 by any of the following methods: Agency Web Site: https://www.federalreserve.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments at https://www.federalreserve.gov/generalinfo/foia/ProposedRegs.cfm. Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. E-mail: [email protected]. Include the docket number and RIN in the subject line of the message.
Agency Web Site: https://www.fdic.gov/resources/regulations/federal-register-publications. Follow instructions for submitting comments on the FDIC’s website. Mail: James P. Sheesley, Assistant Executive Secretary, Attention: Comments/Legal OES (RIN 3064–AF29), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 550 17th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20429. Hand Delivered/Courier: Comments may be hand-delivered to the guard station at the rear of the 550 17th Street, NW, building (located on F Street NW) on business days between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. E-mail: [email protected]. Include the RIN 3064-AF29 on the subject line of the message.