Nomura Alternative Income Fund and Nomura Private Capital LLC.
Summary of Application
Applicants request an order to permit certain registered closed-end investment companies to issue multiple classes of shares and to impose asset-based distribution and/or service fees and early withdrawal charges.
Hearing or Notification of Hearing
- An order granting the requested relief will be issued unless the Commission orders a hearing.
- Interested persons may request a hearing on any application by e-mailing the SEC’s Secretary at [email protected] and serving the Applicants with a copy of the request by e-mail, if an e-mail address is listed for the relevant Applicant below, or personally or by mail, if a physical address is listed for the relevant Applicant below.
- Hearing requests should be received by the Commission by 5:30 p.m. on April 17, 2023, and should be accompanied by proof of service on the Applicants, in the form of an affidavit, or, for lawyers, a certificate of service.
- Pursuant to rule 0-5 under the Act, hearing requests should state the nature of the writer’s interest, any facts bearing upon the desirability of a hearing on the matter, the reason for the request, and the issues contested.
- Persons who wish to be notified of a hearing may request notification by emailing the Commission’s Secretary.
How is Nomura connected to GameStop?ringingbells has been all over this:
Immediate Identifier: Apex routes the majority of their order flow through this dark pool.
- Apex's 606 Routing Data Source From The SEC
- Archive of All Apex 606 Routing Reports
- US House Committee on Financial Service Abuse Reporting DD https://i.imgur.com/6I7JtJs.png
The revelation made by congress in the Congressional Report was that Instinet was getting ECP charges (the same charge that placed Robinhood in immanent default on January 28, 2021 and caused a 15 hour congressional hearing) for 2 YEARS leading up to the "meme stock event" to the tune of $50B dollars. There were actually 6 firms, including Robinhood and Instinet, that were defaulting that morning and accumulated a $9.7B ECP waiver.
Congress said in the report:
"This represents a moral hazard that undermines the deterrent value of the Excess Capital Premium charge."
The Instinet development means that higher entities (DTCC or SEC) knew a problem like this WAS possible because it WAS already happening on a continuous basis, so this IS actually a large over-shadowed development for this subreddit. This will come off as 'Badgering' the sub w/ the topic. However, all that bullshit the DTCC, brokers, and the SEC were saying in the hearings like "We couldn't predict this," "It was out of the ordinary trading behavior," yada yada... was true and not true, simultaneously. A continuous waiver for a specific dark pool was happening in the background, so much so that congress concluded that the same thing they grilled Robinhood about was actually a factored in COB for another company. Instinet solely clears for hedgefunds, asset management firms, pensions, etc... The system was breaking already predictably and continuously, and this is not me saying this, this is a congressional declaration / development after the initial hearings. If the ECP is part of the Dodd-Frank Act then the DTCC was 'waiving' in violation of a congressional act, and if the SEC did know, they were not enforcing it continuously. The DTCC didn't tell the US House on Financial Services until JULY (waaay after all the hearings) that this continuous waiving was happening.
Instinet's Parent Company, Nomura, Bought 1/2 of Lehman Brothers In 2008
Lehman Brother's Collapse Acquisitions:Nomura acquisitionNomura Holdings, Japan's top brokerage firm, agreed to buy the Asian division of Lehman Brothers for $225 million and parts of the European division for a nominal fee of $2. It would not take on any trading assets or liabilities in the European units. Nomura negotiated such a low price because it acquired only Lehman's employees in the regions, and not its stocks, bonds or other assets. The last Lehman Brothers Annual Report identified that these non-US subsidiaries of Lehman Brothers were responsible for over 50% of global revenue produced.
'U.S. House Committee on Financial Services Report On GameStop'
Released Friday June 24, 2022 (138 pages)
To combat the misinformation, reuploaded all Three Direct Govt Streams of The GameStop Congressional Hearings, in their entirety, with a Running TimeCode in the top right hand corner that also displays the Part # and the Date. Also made the SEO keyword searches align with what people search for on YouTube when searching for the GameStop Congressional Hearings. Why is this important? People can search "GameStop Congressional Hearing Part 2" and actually get the video, instead of getting a bunch of crap.
- Part I: GameStop Congressional Hearing February 18, 2021 - 5:34:29
- Part II: GameStop Congressional Hearing March 17, 2021 - 4:37:06
- Part III: GameStop Congressional Hearing May 6, 2021 - 4:07:58
Most Importantly: All the videos have the direct link to their government live stream counterparts in the US House Committee on Financial Services YouTube Page, so people can go to the source if they choose.
2/16/23 Nomura requested an order to permit to issue multiple classes of shares & to impose asset-based distribution &/or service fees & early withdrawal charges. Are they trying to make it more expensive to remove money from them? (as a way to stem the outflow tide?)